Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The Abuse of Leslie Jones. Must Stop. Now.


They just banned mega troll Milo Yinnopolous. Kudos to Twitter, because I can't tell you how disgusted I am with these "Free Speech" people. Yes, Free Speech is great and everything, and I'm the first person to tell you how important free speech is, but what about the RIGHT of people of color not to have to live their lives in intimidation? You people ever think of THAT?

Frankly I'm sick of a lot of these internet trolls, and I think the suspension of Milo Yinnopolous should just be the beginning. For example, look at the comments section on my very own Groundbreaking Intersectional Feminist blog right here: It is filled with abuse, from my gender to my orientation, to body shaming. And I've had it. I demand that Disqus do something to permanently ban these people from using their service due to the stress this has caused me in my life.

But enough about me. This is about Leslie Jones fighting her oppressors on Twitter. Leslie Jones is such a hero, and I am a huge fan of the smash-hit, box-office topping Ghostbusters. This woman of color is so courageous. Look at how she deals with people saying mean things on Twitter:

This is how courageous people of color stand up for themselves. I am so happy that Twitter did the right thing and sided with Leslie on this, and got rid of "whitebecky1776" for saying mean things. Saying mean things to people of color is a violation of human rights. On the other hand, Leslie was definitely NOT violating Twitter's terms of service here in any way. So we see who is in the right.

If you've left mean comments on this blog, check yourself, because I think you're in big trouble. I am working to get DISCUS SECURITY to ban you for harassment of vulnerable people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment