Thursday, April 2, 2015

I Helped Shut Down Memories Pizza

(Disqus comments inside)


I admit it. I am one of the people who made nasty Yelp reviews to Memories Pizza. I did nothing illegal, of course, but I am proud to say that I contributed to shutting down a business that said it would discriminate against LGBTs. I am so proud to be part of this momentous grassroots movement that will not tolerate intolerance.

It's morning in Multicultural America, because finally, we Millenials are finding our own voice and taking the lead in the struggle for Social Justice. And I've got news for all you older people: Ours is a generation that will NOT accept half-measures toward equality. Ours is a generation that demands full progress, and nothing less. We're idealists. And make no mistake: We're watching you.

As a Millenial, and a Feminist, I'm all for Free Speech, but America is undergoing a rapid demographic change toward Multiculturalism. Without this change, America will not survive. In this Multicultural America, there is no room for discrimination. There is no place for hate. We have protected classes, such as POCs and LGBTs, who have a right to go about their lives without being offended or having their feelings hurt, and our First Amendment needs to be updated to reflect that.

This issue is so much bigger than just the RFRA laws. And we have just begun to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment